Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My 4th of July weekend







So, It was my first holiday away from home. It went pretty darn good considering I was working. I spent the weekend at my nanny families beach house. That was kind of cool. So I woke up Friday morning at 7:30. The first thing I do every morning there is walk over to my window, pull the blinds up and open my window. In the morning it is so peaceful and serene. The sand has been washed clean of all the foot prints. The water is the prettiest color of pale blue, with light shimmer across the top from the sun. There’s a light blanket of mist floating everywhere and it makes you feel like you are in an enchanted land. So anyways..haha..as I was looking out the window taking everything in I saw a couple of dolphins swimming by. Not more than 100 yards from my window. It was the coolest thing ever!



This is the start of my 4th of July weekend. So I get dressed and after making the beds in the house and making sure it’s all picked up I head down to breakfast. They made French toast with is like one of my favorite breakfast foods ever! So my day is going really good. I have never eaten so much food in my life. Usually with my family we eat at like 2 or 3 and then you just eat the leftovers throughout the day, but not this family. Anyways, I clean up after that. For lunch they grilled hot dogs and hamburgers with the most delicious pickles in the world and coleslaw. Then I cleaned up after lunch. After lunch a bunch of us when down to the beach to take a dip in the big blue. I then watched a Christmas movie cause it was on tv. Why not ya know?



Ok, now its time for dinner. I was in charge of making the salad. So I made a salad that I made at my old work all the time with mango, strawberries, asparagus, and sliced almonds with a raspberry vin. It turned out fantastic which made me really happy. They grilled New York strip steak and shrimp(I ate it all, even the shrimp) baked sweet and russet potatoes and an array of different grilled veggies. The day was scrumptious to say the least. The best of the day was the end. We drove to the bay side of the island to watch the fireworks. I have never been to a show that they did in water. It was really neat to see that. There were hundreds of boats in the water waiting to see the fireworks. I was worried that there was going to be a traffic jam ! I left before so there very well could have been. Well.. this was my 4th of July holiday:)






1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like lots of fun. We miss you but are excited you are having great adventures!
Love ya,
Heather, Jason, and the kids