Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New York Adventures







When I moved to the East coast my goal was to be in New York or as close it as I possibly could. So the first chance I was able to see it I was so ecstatic! On Saturday Jun 14th, my friend Alana and I made our way to the BIG APPLE! We had such an amazing time there. Wondering the streets, trying to figure out the subway system. Which I think is crazy! Im not sure how people understand what train goes where? Shopping in China town was..well.. im lost of words. So many “name brand” items I did not know what to do..but buy everything!! Haha. We saw the Empire State building and took a free ferry to Staten Island..manly so we could get good pictures of the Statue if liberty and such. We had lunch at a little place in Soho called, Soho grill (creative right?). It was pretty good food.



While we were eating dinner it stated pouring rain. Not little tiny rain drops or something, these were like the master of all rain drops!! Then the thunder started. I have never heard anything like this in my life. It seriously echoed through the streets. It was so loud. Right then and there I fell in love with thunder storms. Which if you know me is a pretty big thing cause I’m not a fan of them. Nor am I a fan of monsters and sleeping in the dark..but that’s a whole other topic for a different day. Oh yes, when we were at Ground Zero we ran into a group in missionaries. We stopped them and talked for a couple then asked to take there picture. It made me feel right at home in this busy chaotic city. When the day ended I had blisters the size of milk duds and my back and legs were killing me. But all in all it was a great trip that I will be doing again soon I’m sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job, Shawna! Looking forward to reading your blog. Hopefully I'll get one of my own soon, too. Take care.
love ya,
Heather