Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME:)


Last weekend was my birthday and I was pretty dang excited to be turning 21. I’m not sure why cause you cant really do anything different on that birthday then I could my last one. But then when I was watching some tube, there was all these deals that you could get like staying the weekend in Vegas or hotels in New York and you could not get them unless you were 21. So that’s the reason why I am excited to be 21, I can get extra good deals on random things. I think that is pretty cool if you ask me.

So, I actually had to work on my birthday but I partied before and after. On Thursday, I took the train into New York (the first time by myself, I totally felt 21 haha) and I met up with a friend, Chelsea , that I really had not seen sense high school. So it was so so much fun to see her. She works as an intern at the temple doing international communicating. Or something along that line. I got off the train at Penn Station and was supposed to take the number 1 train up to 66th. I got on the wrong one and ended up at like 14th but no worries, I just grabbed another one and got to the right place. We ate dinner at Applebees on Broadway and then went to see Legally Blond. It was sooo funny. I was laughing the entire time. The only reason I can say I like the movie better is because I love Reese Witherspoon to death. To this day, the songs from that show are in my head.

Friday was my actual birthday. Dina had a show to go to so I had Hunter. Which I fine cause I love when I got to spend any type of one on one time with him. Hunter’s teacher, Dina, and I actually made up a fun schedule for Hunter and I to do when it’s just him and I and im very very very excited about it. Dina got a piece of non chocolate cake and put a candle in it and Hunter sang me happy birthday,. It was so cute. Then she gave me a watch and a gift certificate to an amazing shoe store. She knows me so well all ready. So anyways, After Hunter was in Bed, my friend Alana came over to chill with me. She brought me a cake and it was delish and an IOU that was good for one purse in China Town. If you have ever been there or have heard about it you would understand why I was so excited. It’s like knock off central. Love it! One of the reasons I like it so much out here is because of the friends that I have met. Without them I know that I would be ready to come home a lot sooner.
Saturday, Alana and I had off to New York. We went up to see the Temple and found this nice little place to have lunch. I can’t remember the name, but it was the name of a woman. We then took the subway down to China Town. I was so dang excited to get a new purse, you have no idea. SO after wondering around China Town with no luck at all, we finely get luck with like a little over an hour before are show starts. So we go into some secret rooms and its like heaven. Big brand label purses everywhere! These little rooms can fulfill a girls dream. They certainly fulfilled mine. It was AmAzInG! Alana and I then rush to the subway and make are way back to Broadway. Broadway at night is really a sight to see. Its kind of like Vegas but classier in a different type of way. I love it. And the weather was amazing. To make it even better, all the Navy sailors were there that weekend. They were all gorgeous and I just wanted to..well..we don’t have to talk about that. We made it to our Show (39 steps) it was my first non musical play and it was supper funny. Its kind of like a spoof on Alfred Hitchcock’s movies. All the shows I have seen I would be more than willing to see them a second time. I have to thank Dina’s mom because she always gets me all the tickets , so I have never yet payed for one. So this was my first birthday away from home and I think that It was a really good one. One that I will remember forever. Thank you to everyone who made my 21sy birthday the best 21st birthday a mormon girl can have.






No comments: