Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This is Halloween..


On October 25 there was a YSA dance for Halloween. The them was, “50’s Sock Hop” Alana and I with the help of a very nice women in our ward made poodle skirts for the dance. But when the time got close, I decided that that was a little to much of the good girl image. SO I turned in my poodle skirt and joined the Pink Ladies. I do like to live on the wild side. I also just bought a fantastic pair of shoes and thought it would be the perfect time to wear them. Alana and I drove 45min. to the dance listening to Grease the whole way up there. Just to get in the spirit of things. The dance was a BLAST and I was on the dance floor the fool hours. The proof that I was getting jiggy wit it was, well, my legs were killing me three days after. But I guess that’s still not very good proof is it now? I guess you’ll just have to trust me.



The next weekend there was another dance/camping thing in Pennsylvania. SO again, Alana and I drove to our destination. This time it was a little further away, 3 hours. I thought I was going to die! It actually was not that bad I just wanted to sound a little dramatic. Although, im not all the way sure that Alana will ever want to be in a car with me over 30 min. tops. Haha. Are we there yet, are we there yet, what about now?? When we drove my Hershey Penn. We rolled the windows down in the car to see if it smelt like chocolate outside, and I didn’t. What a letdown right? The dance was kind of a bust but I did meet some really cool people and that makes it all worthwhile. Everyone at the dance stayed the night in some cabins. They were not nice at all. Just rows of bunk beds squeezed together as tight as possible. But it really was not that bad for me. I did not get to hot or to cold. I stayed he perfect temperature all night. I was also able to finish my book(I will talk about it later).


The next day they had a lot of activities set up for all of us to do. Alana and I decided to try out the zip line. I’m always up for doing something a little fun and crazy. I was so scared when I had to put on my own harness. I do not trust myself! I would much rather have a professional do it for me. Especially when I’m going to be hanging 100 feet of the ground at one point. But I did do it and it was so much fun! Ok, climbing up the later a the beginning was kind of well, terrifying, but in a good way I guess. I would do it again in a sec. Oh, I did play frisbee, but that did not go to well, not because it never went in the direction I threw it but because I broke more than one nail in the process and that I not cool. We left for the journey home at 4, but not before a big group of us stopped and ate at the Cracker Barrel. It was delishious. All in all it was a awesome weekend. I do want to plan a trip to DC. It is only a 4 hour drive and I think it would be lots of fun to go back there.












3 comments:

Mikey said...

looks like you're having a lot of fun :) miss ya.

Chess said...

Oh that looks like you are having a blast! What fun people! And I miss you too.

Heather said...

K....I'm waiting for some new posts! What's up lately?
Love ya,
Heather